the LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. -psalm 126:3

Welcome - w
e hope you enjoy your visit!





Saturday, November 1, 2008




so little, so precious



Last night I finished knitting a sweater and pair of booties for Baby. Darcie Newton introduced me to a lovely book called Simple Knits for Cherished Babies back in August, and now - with the weather getting colder - seemed like a perfect time to see if I remembered how to knit. I found the book at the library (which was wonderful, since it seems to be out of print at the moment), and, with some yarn I had saved from an angora sweater I had bought in Peru a few years ago, spent several very enjoyable days making these for Baby. It took a few tries to get some of the steps correct, and I ended up taking a few artistic liberties with the sweater pattern, but now I could hardly be more pleased with the results.

It seems hard to imagine that in about four months there will be a pair of feet and pair of arms small enough to fill these. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

darcie said...

Lizzie, I am really delighted with what I see there-you mean you actually unraveled the sweater and saved the yarn? truly, the mark of a Proverbs 31 woman. enjoy the waiting time. . .