the LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. -psalm 126:3

Welcome - w
e hope you enjoy your visit!





Saturday, August 18, 2007

Popping The Question

On August 18th, 2007, after nearly nine months of courting, I surprised Elizabeth by getting on my knee and asking her to marry me during a special sunrise picnic in a local park. Although Elizabeth knew ahead of time that we were going on a picnic, she did not know that I had asked Mr. Jacobsen for her hand in marriage a month before.

Everything went as planned. David, my twin brother, perfectly placed the Adirondack loveseat that I had built for Liz, just as we had rehearsed the day before. As we walked up behind the chair, I looked at Liz and said, “I don’t think we need that blanket anymore.” She looked at me in shock!

As we walked around to the front, Elizabeth noticed the red roses lying softly against the white paint of the loveseat and she blushed. I explained that I had built the loveseat for her and encouraged her to sit on it. As she did so, I knelt down and on one knee, presented her with a ring box and asked her to open it. She opened it with trembling hands (mine were shaking too) to which I said, “Elizabeth, will you marry me?” With tears in her eyes and streaming down her glowing face, she said, “Yes, yes I will” with a big smile!

We enjoyed a breakfast of muffins, strawberries and whipped cream, juice, and, of course, coffee as we watched the sunrise. [Elizabeth: Somehow we managed to stretch a sunrise picnic all the way to 10:30. And, even though John had packed such a lovely breakfast, we hardly touched it! After the ring was on my hand and we had had a bit of the coffee and juice, John got down by my feet again and pulled out a bowl of warm water. As he washed my feet he told me how much he loved me, how he wanted to love me and lead me as Christ did the church. It made me cry all over again.] It was truly a wonderful and memorable time that we will both cherish for a long time to come.


No comments: